Here’s a bulleted list of what is going on for the beginning of 2018 in CSports. Refer back to it and feel free to forward to a friend!
· 678 Volleyball – Registration DEADLINE is JAN. 19th! For 6th, 7th & 8th grade girls. Required evaluations are Friday, Jan. 19th, 2018 only. Weekday practices and games begin in February, season ends in March. Fee is $75 until Jan. 12th. Register in person at the rec desk. Online registration will not be not available for this sport.
· T-ball, Baseball & Softball – Register online through Jan. 29th, in person through Feb. 2 for $80. For ages 4 by 3/1/2018 through 4th grade boys and 6th grade girls. Required evaluations are Feb. 5th & 6th. Practices begin late February, Saturday games in March and season ends in May.
· 2018 Spring Young Runners Club – Registration begins Jan. 22nd. For K5-9th grade. K5-2nd train for 1 mile distance, 3rd-9th train for 5k distance. Practices are during the week, runners will participate in 2 official road races (Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon races) as well as an endurance course at the end of the season. Season starts late March and ends in May. Fee is $40.
· Flag Football Registration will begin in mid-March – more details to come.
Recreation Facility – Monday through Friday, 6am-9pm, Saturday, 8am-6pm. Recreation includes indoor walking track, fitness room and basketball gymnasium as well as regular fitness classes. All participants should complete a registration card in order to participate in any area of recreation. The Fitness Room requires a one-time fitness room orientation, given Monday through Friday at 6:30pm.
Basketball Gym - The basketball gym is reserved for CUMC Members and visitors who regularly attend services and 3 of their guests.
· Children under 18 must have a parent/guardian signature on their registration card.
· Children under 14 must have a parent/guardian present in recreation.
· YOGA – First class is free, each class thereafter is $5 or purchase a 6-class card for $25. Classes meet on Monday & Thursday at 6pm, Tuesday and Thursday at 9am for one hour. Yoga mat is suggested.
· BALANCE & STRETCH CLASS – Free class, 30 min sessions 1st Wednesday of each month. SPECIAL 4 WEEK SESSION: Feb.21st & 28th, Mar. 7th & 14th. Instructor, Kathy Hays will lead you through balance, strength & stretch exercises that are instrumental in helping to avoid falls and disabilities that come from those accidents. No special equipment or clothing required.
Dates to Remember:
· Feb 1 - 678 Volleyball practices begin
· Feb 5 & 6 - Tball/baseball/softball evaluations & parent conference
· Feb 13 - CLOSED
· Feb 19 - Tball/baseball/softball Coaches Meeting & Roster handout
· Feb 20 - 678 Volleyball Pictures
· Feb 26 - Tball/baseball/softball practices begin
· Mar 3 - Tball/baseball/softball pictures
· Mar 16-17 - Volley 4 Christ Volleyball clinic
· Mar 26 - 678 Basketball coaches meeting
· Mar 30 - CLOSED for GOOD FRIDAY
· Mar 31 - CLOSED