Facilities Policy Guidelines
1. Policy, guidelines and schedules are subject to change. Announcements will be posted at the Recreation Desk.
2. The recreation facilities are available to the CUMC family which includes members and regular attendees of Christ United Methodist Church and to guests at designated times. Guests of CUMC family may come with them during normal hours.
3. Anyone using the recreation facilities must have completed a registration form which will remain on file at the Recreation desk.
4. Each participant must sign in at the desk upon arrival each visit.
5. Participants must complete the Fitness Room Orientation prior to using equipment in the Fitness Room. All participants will be STAFF INSTRUCTED in the purpose, use and care of the equipment during this orientation.
6. Glorify God through your conduct. Appropriate behavior is expected at all times. Polite language and temper control are important for the effectiveness of the Recreation Ministry.
7. Be courteous to fellow participants. Rotate use of equipment or courts so that everyone can benefit.
8. All equipment is to be used only for its intended purpose.
9. Always have a towel to wipe perspiration from equipment after use.
10. Please do not wear colognes, perfumes or scented body sprays or lotions.
11. Bottled water only! No other food or drink is allowed in the room.
12. Children under the age of 14 years old must be accompanied by their parent/guardian. Children between the ages of 10 and 14 may use only the aerobic machines 1. with adult supervision after completing the Fitness Room Orientation. Weight training is not advised for children younger than 14. Children, ages 14 and 15 may use all machines with adult supervision, after the Fitness Room Orientation. Children, ages 16 and 17 may use all machines with adult consent, after completing the Fitness Room Orientation. Recreation staff and volunteers may not assume responsibility for the supervision of children. Due to the liability concerns children under the age of 10 years old are not allowed to use, sit on, stand on, or otherwise handle fitness room equipment. If child care is unavailable, children may sit in a chair while their parent exercises.
13. Adhere to the Recreation Ministry dress code at all times. Proper attire must be worn:
Shorts will be modest.
Shirts must modest in their coverage. They must be worn at all times & cover the mid section of body. Shirts cannot be tight enough to show ribs, be low cut or a tank top/sports bra type shirt.
Apparel with inappropriate advertisements (bars, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, etc.) or potentially divisive messages are not acceptable.
14. Remember: In the Christ Center Recreation Ministry, YOU ARE A MINISTER TOO!